September 10, 2012

up, down

DSCF7663

me and three of my dudes climbed st. helens this weekend.

fog
entering the boulder field
trudging
climbing through the boulder field
DSCF7670

2 miles of the hike is just a steep hike; everything above treeline is a scramble. you can't walk more than a few steps before you have to climb a rock.

DSCF7672
sad pole
(there is no space for a trail so the poles are your only markers. this one had lost the will to live)

what lay ahead


micah, who led the way most of the time, found this treasure about 3/4 of the way through the hike:

micah

it was an actual barbell. you know, the kind that weigh, like, 40 pounds. how anybody got it up there is a real mystery. we were amused.

alex
bob
DSCF7676

DSCF7669
spectatin'
DSCF7681
(apparently I had my camera on the "dark and shitty" setting)

DSCF7691
the way the cloud cover formed made it seem like we were very, very high.

steep.
I climbed that mountain once too.

MIcah contemplates the earthscape
Micah + the earthscape
we found wall-e along the way.

a little windy
also, it was really effing windy. I didn't do my hair like that on purpose.

we got to the top. it looks like this inside the cauldron.
MAGMA
Inside the cauldron
cauldron

Nub at the summit
Nub got there too. it was too windy to put him down.
(also, teeny tiny mt hood!)

Micah at the summit
4 amigos, summit

I'm still not sure mountain climbing is really my bag. but I'm glad I went.



otherwise, things are pretty hard, internet. it's a herculean effort just to get out of bed in the mornings. and that's all there is to say about the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment