June 3, 2012

showmanship
in the announcer booth
nervous face
IMG_20120602_155814
awards
IMG_20120602_140213
(the elegant way of remembering which classes you entered)

saddle sweat
big winner

horse show yesterday. our first time off the property in two years. as usual, on Friday night Cookie was a nervous wreck, terrified of all the new sights and sounds. my heart clenched; I remember being a little kid, scared at my first sleepover. she was well-behaved, for the most part, on Saturday, with a few explosions in some of our later classes. but I didn't scratch any of them and we won four riding ribbons and a halter ribbon, marking the first time I've won more ribbons than she has. "he really liked you," I said to her after placing fourth in one of the big equitation classes, as we walked back and forth outside the arena, waiting for our next one. "or actually, come to think of it, I guess he liked me."

I came home at 8 after 13 hours at the show. I was light-headed from fatigue and dropped to bed at 10. today I am not terribly sore (miraculously) but so tired I can't even make myself drive to the garden to pick lettuce. thank god for sundays.

1 comment:

  1. adorei vc tirarão muito bem estas fotos , para quem não conheçe estas regios esta otimo parabéns

    ReplyDelete