December 16, 2013

oh hey.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


one day recently I put water in the coffee machine, and then coffee grounds, and then I flipped it on and went about making breakfast. when it sounded like it was just about done I turned around and I discovered that I'd left the coffee pot sitting in the kitchen sink, so instead of having a pot of coffee, I had a kitchen counter of coffee.

it got pretty cold here for about two weeks -- temperatures hovering in the high teens and low twenties for days and days on end -- and I got a reminder of why I left syracuse. I did get to wear my cat balaclava, though.

I pretty much haven't been running at all. like, all year actually. but I did just buy fleece-lined purple striped running tights, so there's that. my 5K time (because the only time I run is when there's an xdog race) is almost a full mile slower than my PR. running with a low-key group of really nice people has taught me how to not-race in races, a lesson surprisingly hard for some of us to learn.

maybe I'll run again next year.

in addition to my own place, I'm taking care of two houses and one cat right now, and have been for over a week. it's a lot of driving, but there's a DVR and a fireplace and a hot tub and a really affectionate cat (prone to excessive licking) and leftover pizza and I've watched 20+ episodes of once upon a time in the last couple weeks. default mode right now is: sit on the couch and knit. I did make a bunch of rosemary wreaths so I haven't been totally indolent. just mostly.

and: that white tinsel tree, you guys. I have no idea if it's tacky or not because I just love it without apology.

that photo of mike in the foam wig is old but I just came across it on my phone and it made me laugh so I'm showing it to you, internet. he's coming home with me for christmas, the first dude I've brought there in ten years.

winter: quiet, dark, and cold. so very dark, so very quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Maria-Alexandra GraffJanuary 8, 2014 at 5:38 AM

    Very pretty pics :)

    ReplyDelete