June 16, 2013

32

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

birthday coffee || birthday oatmeal sprinkles || birthday princess ellie || cookie delivery service || bike shoe fashion || world's largest chard || mobile librarian (strauss on the beach) || the leg returns || catsitting ruby || backyard roses || post-scramble superhero || unexpected love

I can't tell you the number of times I've thought, okay, I'm really gonna sit down and write now. the more time passes, the harder it gets.

I turned 32. since then, I've eaten a lot of cookies, won a softball game, finished working at the opera (for a few weeks), lounged around sauvie island, hung out with my horse, and spent several sunny afternoons having wine and snacks in a friend's backyard. I've wandered portland with the one I love. I've examined my life. I've had a lot of coffee.

today I ran a race up at mt. hood that involved mud, rocks, dirt, and several tricky water crossings. I waded through hip deep sludge. I ran through the trees. I'm covered in scrapes and bruises. "this is not a trail race," they said. "there is no trail." my cross-country race flats finally came to good use. I had forgotten how much I love it, flying through the woods like a deer.

it's summer now. summer: bike rides and ice cream, sangria, berries from the garden, road trips, flip flops, sunglasses. summer, love of my life.

3 comments:

  1. I think my heart just exploded. I love you <3. I am so happy for you. Happy birthday and I hope 32 is full of love and running and flying and jess! and having your mind blown with happiness.

    LOVE YOU.

    Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Beautiful. And tell me...is that a lake? A river? It looks so tempting, where is it?

    ReplyDelete