once the season is over I'll go back to riding my horse more regularly, something I have mostly given up over the past couple of weeks. I could squeeze it into my schedule, but it takes a great deal of physical and mental energy to deal with princess spooks-a-lot, especially when she's coming off of a hiatus and it's spring.
her royal space case, it should be noted, turns 8 today. a fine age to stop running off in a panic at flies, rogue blades of grass, and gates she has seen one hundred times. our first lesson upon my return, evidently, will be learning to wear our grown-up horse pants.
other things I've been doing:
- blog avoidance
- studiously pretending that cristina's not leaving town, and then country, in eleven days
- stuffing as many drinks and fried pies into my face as I can in that time
- definitely not falling asleep at 8:30 on a sunday night while watching streaming movies on netflix from the comfort of my bed
- getting my dresser to tie my corset as tight as humanly possible for my role as a floozy in the opera
- running: either a 6:40 mile or a 12:40 mile, depending on which garmin reading you believe
- growing my hair out, which is happening a thousand times faster than you'd ever believe. last week: bald; this week: buzz cut.
- letting everyone feel my no-longer-quite-bald head
- hoping for sunshine